Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Makeup Organization, Pinterest and Lots of Youtube Videos

The great part about working for a university is that you get this fantastic break around the Christmas holidays. This year, well now technically last year, I decided to stay in Oklahoma and not travel during this time. Since I did not know what to do with myself, I ended up on Pinterest getting creative ideas and watching Youtube.com videos about makeup organization.  Well to make a long story short, I tore up my bedroom moving furniture, reorganizing drawers, and cleaning out my closet.  However the main thing I ended up being so pleased with was my makeup organization.

If you have watched any youtube videos on makeup organization, you are bound to see the videos with the acrylic drawers that the Kardashian's were using and of course they are really great. So I wanted some but found out they were very expensive and I really did not know where I would put them. My mind just kept reeling trying to figure out some clever ways to organized my makeup on my vanity.  Here is one of the things that I came up with in my madness.



I created a beautiful white two-tier stand for my makeup and face cleansers.  I have this sitting on my vanity now and place the products that I use daily within easy reach.  I am so pleased with the outcome of buying a white plate and saucer from the Dollar Tree store and the vase from Goodwill that I am still amazed with the finished product. Also this was so easy to make.  All I did was hot glue the bottom of the saucer to the top of the vase. Then hot glued the bottom of the vase to the center of the plate.  Voila!




What do you think?


I also organized my brushes using glass vases with rocks and navy beans.  These were the things I had on hand and they worked out wonderfully.  My brushes are so much easier to access now.  This idea came from the Pinterest.  Just love this site.


I am truly pleased with my makeup organization and will do another post on my drawers and cabinets.  Everything is grouped together now and is so easy to find.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your new blog! Please don't abandon your old one! Have you tried the Flylady blog site for organizing and cleaning? I love her approach. Also, you made reference to Pinterest. That is my new hobby. Look me up. I am going to look for yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reorganizing EVERYTHING since we moved in October - I'm getting very close to having everything in this house in its right place - doesn't it feel great?!!!??

    ReplyDelete