Monday, June 11, 2012

A Little Sewing Makes a Great Birthday Gift

My mom's birthday is today. Happy Birthday Gloria.  So what do you give your favorite mom that has everything? You make her something.  Here is the result.


This pattern is called a Biarritz Bag and is by Make Your Day Designs.

My mom found a great place call Les Fabriques in Charlottesville,VA one day with lots of beautiful fabric and patterns.  So the next thing I know is a package arrives with the above pattern, material, and a call from my mom saying she wants me to make her the bag.  I said ok.  Well the stuff sat in the Fedex box forever and finally I said I need to make this for her for her birthday.  Yesterday I finally sat down and cut out the pieces and sewed my heart out.  I also did grommets for the first time and actually they were the hardest part.

I also have to thank the pattern maker for picking up the phone on a Sunday to answer a question that I was confused about on the directions. Now that is luck and gratitude to Colbey Decker.  You should definitely check out her work.


No comments:

Post a Comment